Pat McAfee announces debut album 'The Diary of a Polarizing Figure' with Aug 14 release date ...Read more on the website below.


<p>Pat McAfee announced significant details Wednesday about his <a href="https://foxnews.com/outkick-culture/country-star-wyatt-flores-announces-new-album-scared-heights-new-song-friday" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank">upcoming album</a>.</p><p>McAfee has become arguably the biggest power player on ESPN and in sports media on YouTube due to his absurd success with "The Pat McAfee Show."</p><p>The former Indianapolis Colts punter has had the smoothest pivot from professional athletics to media that we've ever seen.</p><p><a href="https://foxnews.com/outkick-sports/exclusive-colin-cowherd-opens-selling-volume-scaling-back-three-hour-show-retirement" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank"><strong>EXCLUSIVE: COLIN COWHERD OPENS UP ABOUT SELLING THE VOLUME, SCALING BACK THREE-HOUR SHOW, AND RETIREMENT</strong></a></p><p>Now, he's entering <a href="https://foxnews.com/category/entertainment/music" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank">the music industry</a>.</p><p>McAfee hopped on Instagram on Wednesday morning to reveal details of his upcoming album, "The Diary of a Polarizing Figure."</p><p>Nailed the name at a minimum.</p><p><a href="https://foxnews.com/outkick-culture/country-star-wyatt-flores-announces-new-album-scared-heights-new-song-friday" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank"><strong>COUNTRY STAR WYATT FLORES ANNOUNCES NEW ALBUM 'SCARED OF HEIGHTS,' NEW SONG OUT FRIDAY</strong></a></p><p>"For as long as I can remember my mere existence has made people hate my guts.. literally since elementary school. Teachers, administrators, other parents, you name it.. I didn’t understand it as a child but throughout my life I’ve come to realize that this is just how it’s gonna be," the former NFL star wrote.</p><p>He continued, "I’ve been writing songs about it all for 20yrs. It’s time to let them aht.. There’s A LOT of headlines &amp; narratives about me.. if I was to die, I’d like my kids to know exactly who and what their dad is. The Diary Of A Polarizing Figure. With incredible assistance from @ernest and many other INSANELY talented musicians in Nashville, my words have come to life. I’m very proud of what we’ve put together."</p><p>McAfee also revealed the album will be released Aug. 14.</p><p><a href="https://foxnews.com/outkick-culture/country-music-star-announces-major-career-news-fires-fans-viral-video-new-album" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank"><strong>COUNTRY MUSIC STAR ANNOUNCES MAJOR CAREER NEWS, FIRES UP FANS WITH VIRAL VIDEO FOR NEW ALBUM</strong></a></p><p>You can check out the full post below, and let me know your thoughts at <strong>David.Hookstead@outkick.com</strong>.</p><p>McAfee's growing presence and platform is proof that authenticity pays dividends in a fashion nothing else does.</p><p><a href="https://www.foxnews.com/category/sports" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank"><strong>CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM</strong></a></p><p>The man went from punting for the Colts to being one of the most powerful figures <a href="https://foxnews.com/category/opinion/media" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank">in the media</a> and did it a shockingly short period time.</p><p>Now, he's putting himself out there again with an entire album. If you're going to swing, you might as well swing for the fences and that's what McAfee is doing.</p><p>It will be fascinating to see what comes on Aug. 14 with McAfee albums. The one guarantee is it will generate plenty of attention. That's a guarantee you can take to the bank.</p><p>Let me know your thoughts at <strong>David.Hookstead@outkick.com</strong>.</p>
×